- A patch test must be done minimum of 24 hours before treatment.
- Stop the use of all active products (for eg, Retinol) and exfoliants 72 hours prior to treatment.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! the more hydrated your skin is, the better the results will be. This includes using hydrating products as well as drinking plenty of water in the week leading up to the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
After your Peel you may experience some tightening of the skin, which may last for several days. Light flaking may begin within 1-3 days and will usually subside within 7-10 days: however it is impossible to predict this shedding process.
It is important that you adhere strictly to the post-care advice.
- Use the Post treatment product Kit provided for a minimum of 3 days.
- SPF sunscreen MUST be worn daily.
- Avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks after treatment.
- Do not wax or use any form of exfoliating products for 72 hours or until your skin shows no signs of sensitivity in the treated area.
- DO NOT PICK OR PEEL at scabs, blisters or loose skin, as scarring may occur.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, activities that may increase blood circulation, or excess heat sources (saunas, steam room) for 24 hours.
- Wait 10-14 days before doing any further resurfacing treatments (including home peels eg, Rapid Reveal Peel)
If any of the following apply you will not be able to receive the ProPower peel treatment.
- If you have received a resurfacing skin procedure such as laser, light therapy, microdermabrasion or chemical peel within the past 2 weeks.
- If you have received Botox or other injectables within the past week.
- If you have used Retin-A within the past 48 hours.
- If you have used Isotretinoin (Accutane) in the past 6 months.
- If you have waxed in the area to be treated in the past 72 hours.
- If you have a contagious skin disease or infection such as an active cold sore.
- If you are pregnant or lactating.
A full consultation will be carried out prior to your treatment.