What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellous hair (peach fuzz) that can be responsible for trapping dirt and bacteria leading to breakouts. Using a round edge, specially manufactured surgical scalpel, In the safe hands of a professional qualified Therapist this process leaves the skin feeling and looking healthy, smooth, clean and glowing.
Why choose Dermaplaning?
Dead skin cells on your face build up over time and if not exfoliated will make your complexion appear dull, enhancing fine lines and wrinkles. If you have oilier skin then the fine, Vellous hairs can trap sebum, dirt and bacteria contributing to clogged pores which can lead to breakouts.
Because it is a gentle, non-invasive procedure it is suitable for all skin types and safe for pregnant or nursing ladies.
Deep exfoliation will stimulate the skin cell renewal process encouraging fresh, new skin cells for a brighter, more youthful appearance; Also lessens the appearance of Acne scarring, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles.
A gentle yet effective alternative to Microdermabrasion and skin peels.
Dermaplaning removes approximately 3-4 weeks worth of dead skin cells and therefore is recommended every 4-6 weeks.
Won't my hair grow back thicker and darker?
No! We only remove the fine Vellous hair (peach fuzz). Dermaplaning cannot change the physiology of the hair. The vellous hair will grow back exactly as it was over the following weeks. The coarser hair is called Terminal hair and is not removed during the treatment. If this hair type is present we would recommend removing it apx 3 days prior/post treatment.
What are the benefits?
- No downtime
- 80% product penetration for better results form your skincare products
- Smooth base for make up application
- Brighter, glowing, smoother skin with a more even tone
- Removes facial hair that traps dirt & oils for less breakouts
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Safe and gentle procedure suitable for everyone (over 18 years old)
- Promotes healthy skin cell renewal
- Helps regular Botox/Filler users rid toxins that build up due to the paralysed muscles. Stagnant Lymph makes us feel more sluggish and susceptible to viruses (Deluxe treatment)
Are there any reasons I can't have the treatment? (Contra-indications)
If any of the following apply then we won't be able to perform Dermaplaning.
- Eczema/Psoriasis in the facial area
- Any skin infection/ disorder
- Metal allergy
- Cancer or the treatment of within the last 12 months
- Keloidal skin type
- If you are taking blood thinners
- Have active cold sores
- HIV/ Hepatitis B or C
- Under 18 years old (proof will be required)
- No Chemical peels or Injectables (Botox/fillers) or other skin procedure within 2 weeks
- Recent facial surgery or laser surgery
- Used Roaccutane within 12 months or any topical acne treatment within 1 month
What should I do or not do before a treatment?
- Do not use Retinol or Vitamin A products for 3 days before treatment
- Do not exfoliate for 3 days prior to treatment
- Avoid sun bathing, tanning booths or fake tan products 1 week before
- Do not wax facial hair within 5-7 days of treatment
What aftercare should I do?
Your skin is more prone to sunburn when it's freshly exfoliated as the skin will be effectively thinner. To avoid burning and possible pigmentation please adhere to these recommendations.
You may experience slight peeling, a windburn sensation and/or blotchiness for the first few days, this is normal. Skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the first 2 day, avoid using if uncomfortable.
- Wear SPF30+ daily (every day of the year even in winter!)
- Use a gentle cleanser for the next few days
- No exfoliation for 7 days
- Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible or 14 days
- Wear sun protection where possible ie, wide brim hats, sunglasses, reapply suncreams every 2 hours for full protection
- No excessive heat (sauna/steam room) or strenuous excercise (where sweating) for 3 days
- Avoid swimming for 24 hrs and do not submerge the treated area in a chlorinated pool or hot tub for 3-5 days
- Stay hydrated
- No Retinol or active skin products for 3-5 days
- No facial waxing for 7 days
- Do use serums and moisturisers as product penetration will be improved
- Avoid dermal fillers/botox for 2-3 weeks
- Do not pick, scratch or aggressively rub the treated area
- Make up may be worn if the skin is not broken
Full consultation, Double cleanse, skin analysis, Dermaplane, tone, moisturise, SPF
As the Standard treatment with the added luxury of a targeting serum, Manual lymphatic drainage facial massage, masque & LED Light Therapy.
Fully trained & Insured
Fully trained & Insured
Please take care when considering this treatment that you have done your research and found a therapaist who has taken the time to train properly with a reputable company, purchase professional quality equipment and is fully insured to carry out your treatment.